WRITERS FOCUS: MEET FIDELIA ODION OYAHKILOME



MGC: Can you start by introducing yourself and providing some background about your journey as a writer? What inspired you to pursue writing, and how did you come up with the idea for your recently published book?

 

FOO: My name is Fidelia Odion Oyakhilome. I am married with four children. I am a 72 years old retired Civil Servant. English literature was one of my main subjects in High School, where I was introduced to books by Williams Shakespeare, like Macbeth and the Merchant of Venice, with poems by various authors and I developed passion for reading and writing. 

My writing adventure started in 1981 when I published two gospel tracts. It was a response to the mandate to spread the gospel and get people saved and ready for Heaven.Since I have passion for Kingdom matters and sincerely desire to fulfill destiny, I write to access the benefits  of God's Word in Proverbs 11:30-He that wins souls is wise, John 4; 36 which  says God pays Kingdom harvesters and  Luke 15:7 which says, we create party and joy in Heaven and have joy and fulfillment in life, as we spread the gospelThe inspiration to write my first book, Financial Management For Happy Homes, was ignited in 1996, when as a Speaker during the Living Faith Church, Women Ministry International Seminar, On Marriage, One-Long- Honeymoon, in Abuja, some sisters disagreed with my convinced assertion that all that a woman is and has, including her money, belong to her husband. My overriding goal is to create an environment for peace in the home.


MGC: Every author has a unique writing process. Could you share some insights into your writing routine? Do you have any specific rituals or habits that help you stay focused and productive during the writing process?

 

FOO: As my writings are inspired by promptings of the Holy Spirit, the sermons I hear and the  books I read, I don't particularly have specific writing rituals.


 

MGC: Characters often play a crucial role in a book's success. How do you go about developing your characters? Are they inspired by real people, or do they come entirely from your imagination?

 

FOO: Characters in my books are real people, with some from my imagination.

 

MGC: Writing a book is undoubtedly a challenging task. Can you discuss some of the challenges you faced while working on your recent book? On the flip side, what were some of the most rewarding moments or triumphs you experienced during the writing and publishing journey?


(Available on Amazon, Selar and Bambooks) 

FOO: Writing is a hobby I greatly enjoy. The only challenge I encounter is in the typing and editing, as some secretaries can make the process difficult. 

 

MGC: Books often convey messages or explore specific themes. What themes or messages were you aiming to communicate through your latest 2 work? Are there particular ideas or issues that you hope readers will take away from your book?

 

FOO: As an advocate for peace, my goal in life is to be a cheer- leader, with a burning desire to enhance treasured values and improve the well-being of humanity. I convey the message of peace in my books, as I encourage Students, Families, Nations and the general public to join the vanguard and spread the good news of peace, as they learn peace, teach peace, promote and preach peace, through genuine love and service for others.

 


MGC: Many authors draw inspiration from various sources. Are there any writers, books, or other forms of art that have significantly influenced your writing style or the themes you explore in your work?

 

FOO: I draw my writing inspiration from many authors but my hero is Dr. Myles Munroe who has greatly influenced my writing zeal, with his inspirational talks on dying empty.”                

He said the wealthiest place on Earth is the Cemetery, with the greatest treasure of untapped potentials- companies never started, inventions that were never made, best selling books that were never written. As I discovered my writing potential, I intend to maximize its use for the benefit of humanity.

 

 MGC: How do you envision your target audience? Is there a specific demographic or group of readers you had in mind while writing your book? How do you think your work will resonate with different types of readers?


FOO: My target audience is primarily, the Family, which is the foundation for the survival of individuals, Society and the human race. Invariably, my books are beneficial for parents,  Students and the general public. My books are designed to create awareness of the possibility of a peaceful and better world, through relevant knowledge. More knowledge gives more light and more energy for us to walk in higher levels of relevance, to fulfill destiny and become blessing to our world. Everyone has a part to play.

 



MGC: Now that your book is published, what are your plans for the future? Are you working on any new projects, and can you provide a glimpse into what readers can expect from you in the coming months or years?

 

FOO: I have written four other books titled;  Peace In Our World; Conflict Prevention and Resolution; 6+1 Pathways To Peace and Mother; the Precious Gem, which will all soon be published.

 

MGC: Are you on social media? Please share your handles so your readers can connect with you.

 

FOO: Yes.Facebook-Fidelia Oyakhilome

       Instagram- f.oyaks

Comments

Popular Posts